Developing a workplace safety plan provides you with a structure to address risk
Workplace safety planning and Workplace Health planning are important processes for businesses to address the needs of their workforce, meet compliance requirements and reduce risk exposures. Effective safety plans are informed by needs, risk exposures and prioritised to support effective implementation.
We help businesses develop and implement their safety plans
We help businesses establish targeted safety plans that address the areas of people, systems, culture, wellbeing and compliance. Our approach to planning includes engaging with stakeholders and aligning priorities to the risk profile and capacity of the business. We also have the capability to assist with implementation planning and execution.
Establishing a plan that addresses your health and safety needs
Workplace safety plans can vary between businesses and industries depending on the purpose of the plan and what it is intending to achieve, recent examples of safety plans we have developed for our clients include:
- Plans to support the implementation of strategic priorities;
- Plans to align with or address compliance requirements;
- WHS / OHS management plans for construction sites;
- Targeted plans to address specific safety risks or focus areas; and
- Improvement plans to address outcomes of audits and independent reviews.
The key with any plan is to ensure that your needs are clearly identified and that the plan is aligned to those needs, typically we see the needs relating to:
- Strategic focus areas that require supporting plans to enable their success;
- Workplace safety culture that requires improvement;
- Incident and injury occurrences and trends that require an intervention;
- Compliance gaps and vulnerabilities that need to be addressed;
- Specific safety or risk areas that would benefit from a targeted improvement plan; and
- Annual activities planner to capture key WHS / OHS requirements for a specific location.
Effective safety planning is informed by needs, risk exposures and prioritised to support effective implementation.
We engage your key stakeholders in the planning process
We facilitate the planning process in a way that engages your key stakeholders to contribute insights, identify opportunities and shape the way health and safety is managed.
Engaging and including management and workforce stakeholders in the process has many benefits but most importantly, they are given the opportunity to shape the systems, framework and priorities that are intended to serve them and the wider business. This level of inclusion and co-design builds awareness, capacity and ownership.
Our approach to workplace safety planning
We facilitate the planning process with business leaders, departments and workforce stakeholders. The process is simple and includes the following:
- Identify your needs and the scope of the safety plan
- Identify key stakeholders (leadership, management, workforce, external)
- Identification of focus areas and priorities
- Develop the plan in consultation with key stakeholders
- Provide a progressive implementation structure
- Assist with the implementation of the plan (if requested and in scope)
Outcomes of the workplace safety planning process
The relatively simple nature and effectiveness of establishing a safety plan means that a number of consistent outcomes are typically achieved, these include:
- Plans are aligned to the needs of the business;
- A formal structure is established to address the identified focus areas;
- Implementation structures are aligned to the capacity of the business and staff;
- Stakeholders involved in the process are engaged and subject to capacity building; and
- Safety management plans address key processes and compliance requirements.
Leadership in risk, safety and management consulting
Simplifyrisk has worked with some of Australia’s most prominent organisations including the Australian Grand Prix Corporation, Netball Australia and the Australian Red Cross.
Our ability to simplify the complex, facilitate change and tailor our approach to our clients’ needs is what we are known for and the reason our clients continue to engage us.
Our staff are seasoned risk management, health and safety and management consulting professionals having worked across a wide range of business sectors for over 15 years.
Sector experience includes:
- Major events and sports
- Tourism and hospitality
- Marketing and entertainment
- Not-for-profit and community
- Assets and facilities
- Roads and infrastructure
We pride ourselves on being flexible, affordable and timely in what we deliver.
Get in touch to arrange your business risk profiling session
Contact Simplify risk on 0417 895 215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our services in more detail or to arrange a readiness exercise.
More information and testimonials
If you would like more information, please get in touch. If you would like to see what other organisations have to say about working with the Simplifyrisk team, refer to our testimonials page https://simplifyrisk.com.au/client-testimonials/