Establishing targeted health and safety programs improve specific areas of risk
Targeted health and safety programs are designed to focus on and improve specific areas of risk by establishing a holistic approach that addresses prevention, early intervention and response. These programs often address leadership, culture, engagement, safe work design, training and communication and can be applied to any health and safety need.
We focus on the areas you identify as a priority or are most concerned about
We help design targeted health and safety programs to address the areas you identify as a priority or are most concerned about. Our programs are designed around prevention, early intervention and response to provide a holistic approach to support effective implementation and embedding into the business.
There are benefits to targeting specific areas of health and safety
It can often be difficult to shift health and safety from a reactive state to a proactive state, particularly when there are limited resources, absence of specialist staff, competing priorities or constant incidents occurring that require time and energy.
Business that do invest in targeted health and safety programs often experience:
- Reduced incident and injury occurrences and time spend managing these
- Reduced costs related to injuries, workers’ compensation and property damage
- Reduced liability, risk and compliance exposures
- Improved staff morale, engagement and productivity
- Improved capacity to proactively reduce risk and prevent harm
- Improved safety culture
Aside from these benefits, businesses (duty holders) are also required by law to identify and manage their health and safety risks. Targeted health and safety programs play an important role to address specific areas of risk and assists businesses with demonstrating due diligence.
Our approach to establishing a targeted health and safety program
Targeted health and safety programs are designed to be holistic and address multiple areas that will support a successful and sustainable improvement of the focus area. This is achieved by designing the program around three key areas:
- Early intervention
We have successfully delivered health and safety programs to a number of businesses across a variety of industries that have achieved the following:
- Reduced vehicle fleet damage and improved driver culture and behaviour
- Improve leadership visibility, communication and capacity to influence change
- Reversed incident and injury trends and workers’ compensation costs
- Improved staff engagement, capacity to manage risk and overall safety culture
Our approach to designing targeted health and safety programs includes:
- Facilitating health and safety discussions with management and workforce stakeholders
- Reviewing historical claims and incidents to identify themes and profiles
- Review of existing strategies, processes and practices
- Prioritise focus areas based on needs, capacity and risk exposure
- Develop a targeted health and safety program and implementation plan
We engage your key stakeholders in the process
We facilitate the design processes in a way that engages your key stakeholders to contribute insights and identify opportunities to shape the way health and safety is managed and improved.
Engaging and including management and workforce stakeholders in the process has many benefits but most importantly, they are given the opportunity to shape the systems, framework and priorities that are intended to serve them and the wider business. This level of inclusion and co-design builds awareness, capacity and ownership.
Achieving consistent and effective outcomes
The relatively simple and effective approach that we use means that a number of consistent outcomes are typically achieved, these include:
- Targeted health and safety focus areas are established
- Health and safety programs are developed in consultation with stakeholders
- Implementation plans are developed to support the programs
- Processes for monitoring and continuous improvement are established
Leadership in risk, safety and management consulting
Simplifyrisk has worked with some of Australia’s most prominent organisations including the Australian Grand Prix Corporation, Netball Australia and the Australian Red Cross.
Our ability to simplify the complex, facilitate change and tailor our approach to our clients’ needs is what we are known for and the reason our clients continue to engage us.
Our staff are seasoned risk management, health and safety and management consulting professionals having worked across a wide range of business sectors for over 15 years.
Sector experience includes:
- Major events and sports
- Tourism and hospitality
- Marketing and entertainment
- Not-for-profit and community
- Assets and facilities
- Roads and infrastructure
We pride ourselves on being flexible, affordable and timely in what we deliver.
Get in touch to develop your targeted health and safety program
Contact Simplifyrisk on 0417 895 215 or email email@example.com to discuss our services in more detail or to arrange a readiness exercise.
More information and testimonials
If you would like more information, please get in touch. If you would like to see what other organisations have to say about working with the Simplifyrisk team, refer to our testimonials page https://simplifyrisk.com.au/client-testimonials/