Health and safety compliance programs assist with demonstrating due diligence
Health and safety compliance monitoring is an important aspect of due diligence and should be regularly conducted to verify that compliance obligations are being met, risk controls are effective and vulnerabilities or risk exposures are identified early. Having a structured compliance program in place will assist businesses with addressing their obligations and continuously improving.
We help businesses develop and deliver health and safety compliance programs
We help design health and safety compliance programs that address audit planning, reporting and monitoring cycles. We also have the capability to deliver independent health and safety compliance auditing services that can be tailored to your needs and focus areas.
Health and safety compliance areas that we cover
There are many areas of health and safety that need to be considered when developing a compliance program. We have worked with many organisations across a variety of sectors to develop and deliver the following:
- Independent review or health and safety management systems
- Independent workplace inspections and audits
- Gap analysis of systems against standards and compliance requirements
- Development of annual audit and assurance activities
- Deep dive review of specific risks or concerns
- Support and preparation for external auditors
- Compliance reporting
Our approach to health and safety compliance
Compliance planning, auditing and related activities should be a positive experience for those involved. It is intended to validate what is working and complaint as well as identify gaps / vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement.
We develop and deliver compliance planning, reporting and monitoring activities in a way that builds stakeholder capacity and enables businesses to Continuously improve.
Our approach to designing and delivering health and safety compliance programs includes:
- Identifying and understanding the businesses needs
- Aligning compliance planning, reporting and monitoring to the risk profile
- Developing and delivering an annual audit and assurance plan
- Providing independent reviews, audits and reports (as requested)
- Providing practical recommendations and support to address gaps and vulnerabilities
We engage your key stakeholders in the process
We facilitate compliance planning and delivery activities in a way that engages your key stakeholders to contribute insights and identify opportunities to shape the way health and safety is managed and improved.
Engaging and including management and workforce stakeholders in the process has many benefits but most importantly, they are given the opportunity to shape the systems, framework and priorities that are intended to serve them and the wider business. This level of inclusion and co-design builds awareness, capacity and ownership.
Achieving consistent and effective outcomes
The relatively simple and effective approach that we use means that a number of consistent outcomes are typically achieved, these include:
- Compliance planning, reporting and monitoring arrangements are established
- Compliance and audit activities are aligned to the risk profile
- Inspection, audit and monitoring activities are conducted in consultation with stakeholders
- Reports and recommendations are made to address gaps, vulnerabilities and support continuous improvement
Leadership in risk, safety and management consulting
Simplifyrisk has worked with some of Australia’s most prominent organisations including the Australian Grand Prix Corporation, Netball Australia and the Australian Red Cross.
Our ability to simplify the complex, facilitate change and tailor our approach to our clients’ needs is what we are known for and the reason our clients continue to engage us.
Our staff are seasoned risk management, health and safety and management consulting professionals having worked across a wide range of business sectors for over 15 years.
Sector experience includes:
- Major events and sports
- Tourism and hospitality
- Marketing and entertainment
- Not-for-profit and community
- Assets and facilities
- Roads and infrastructure
We pride ourselves on being flexible, affordable and timely in what we deliver.
Get in touch to develop your health and safety compliance program
Contact Simplifyrisk on 0417 895 215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our services in more detail or to arrange a readiness exercise.
More information and testimonials
If you would like more information, please get in touch. If you would like to see what other organisations have to say about working with the Simplifyrisk team, refer to our testimonials page https://simplifyrisk.com.au/client-testimonials/